Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Training Wheels are off.

So after my successful weekend (read previous post) I had taken off Jacobs training wheels at the track so that we could use his bike as a pit bike to get around. Jacob was convinced that his bike was bigger than the other kids PW50's, this is due to the fact that they look smaller when you are 50' away watching them on the track and also since his training wheels make the suspension taller it seems bigger to him.
Well, after watching his friends ride and talking to them he decided that he did not want to wait till he was 6 to ride without them. I told him it was totally up to him and he could keep them on as long as he wanted but he insisted and we gave it a shot.
No matter what I did myself, nothing compares to watching you kid do something for the first time. I think it's time I retire.