Thursday, January 1, 2009

Retro Snowboard







So I am going to try and get a bunch of stuff on my blog here about some old school snowboard shit. Here is a good first run. I scanned in the catalogs from the first company I used to rep for Famly Snowboards - yes I know it is spelled wrong, that was cool back then - Geoff Falzone was the owner and a first class dude. Still lives in So Cal and owns an off road truck fab and race team called Giant Motorsports, look him up for all your needs.
First Year Catalog was pretty simple

Outside Cover and here is what was inside. I still have the 136 Model and would kill for a 147 Citrus board. I know who has one but he won't give it up.





The next year it got way bigger - for us at least. Multi page, multi color but originators in the ultra clean department. These boards never made it to full production unfortunately and Geoff folded up the operation. Before he did I left for Palmer Snowboards that year - first year for Palmer - and worked with Bob Klein who is the man today.
Check out the catalog from 1996-1997